|Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ|
|Written by arkwriter|
|Wednesday, 17 June 2009 20:13|
BASIC CHRISTIAN TRUTHS
SECOND COMING OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST
If there is one common truth that is shared by all Christians, it has to be the imminent return of our LORD JESUS CHRIST. In His First Advent He came to save the world from sin, but when He returns He will come to judge mankind (Heb. 9:27-28; Jn. 5:22; 12:47-48). The righteous will receive eternal life and inherit the heavenly kingdom (Mt. 25:32-34, 46; 1 Pet. 5:4; Rev. 21:1-7; 22:14). The wicked will be condemned to eternal punishment (Mt. 25:41-46; 2 Thes. 1:7-9; Rev. 20:10, 14-15; 21:8).
There are many signs that indicate we are now living in the End Time, and that our LORD JESUS CHRIST will be returning soon.
1. The regathering of Israel (Dt. 30:3-4). The parable of the Fig Tree symbolizes the restoration of Israel (Mt. 24:32-35; Jer. 24:4-7).
2. God will pour out of His Spirit on all flesh and guide honest and sincere Christians into all truths (Acts 2:17-18; Jn. 16:13). There will be a world-wide movement to worship the Father in Spirit and truth (Jn. 4:23-24). They will be led by the Holy Spirit to fulfil our LORD's prayer for unity and fellowship for the purpose of preaching the gospel throughout the world (Jn. 17:17-23; Eph. 4:3-6; Mk. 9:38-40).
3. Many Jews will receive the Holy Spirit and accept Jesus as their Messiah (Zec. 12:10; Rom. 11:25-26). A mighty army of Spirit-filled evangelists consisting of Jewish and Gentile Christians will preach the gospel all over the world (Ezek. 37:10-14; Rev. 7:3-8; 14:1-7).
4. The End Time will be like the days of Noah (Mt. 24:37-39). Mankind will be so wicked that God wants to destroy it (Gen. 6:5-7, 11-13).
5. Armies of many nations will gather around Israel for the Final Battle (Lk. 21:20-24; Rev. 16:13-16; Zec. 14:1-4). Jerusalem will be the cause of the conflict between Israel and other countries (Zec. 12:1-3).
6. The Great Tribulation will be world-wide and severe (Mt. 24:21-22; Lk. 21:25-26, 34-35). By watchfulness and fervent prayer, faithful Christians will have a way of escape (Lk. 21:36; Rev. 3:10).
7. After the Great Tribulation the Lord Jesus Christ will come "on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory" (Mt. 24:29-31).
|Last Updated on Monday, 16 July 2012 04:12|