|Preparation for the End Time|
|Written by arkwriter|
|Friday, 24 July 2009 00:50|
Preparation for the End Time
The Holy Bible not only reveals God’s plan of salvation for mankind it also gives us the history of the world in which we live. The first book Genesis describes how God created this earth, and the last book Revelation tells us that it will end. “And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.” (Rev. 21:1)
The Bible tells us how the earth will pass away. “But the heavens and the earth now exist are kept in store by the same word, reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.” (2 Pet. 3:7) “But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.” (2 Pet. 3:10)
Spiritual and Physical Preparation
“Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Thes. 5:23)
We are created in God’s image in the three aspects of life. We have a spirit, soul and body which refers not so much to the distinct parts of a person, but more so to the entire being of a person. This means God must be involved in every aspect of our lives during our preparation for the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. Realizing that the earth is going to be burned up, we should not place our confidence in earthly treasures or pursuits, but have complete faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and what is lasting and eternal.
“Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless;” (2 Pet. 3:11-14)
In preparation for the End Time our first priority must be centered on the Lord Jesus Christ and look forward to His Second Coming. We must “be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless;”? “Pursue peace with all men, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord” (Heb. 12:14).
God wants us not only to have peace with Him but also have peace with other people as well. A right relationship with God leads to right relationships with fellow believers. Although we may not always feel loved by others or feel loving toward them, yet we must “pursue” peace with them, “without which no one will see the Lord.” Living in peace with all fellow Christians and living a holy life are important steps in the spiritual preparation for the End Time.
Be filled with the Holy Spirit
Our Lord Jesus Christ spoke the parable of the ten virgins (Mt. 25:1-13). They represent all Christians who have been saved (2 Cor. 11:2). The lamp represents the Word of God (Psm. 119:105) and God’s commandments (Pro. 6:23). The oil symbolizes the Holy Spirit (1 Jn. 2:20, 27). Our Lord related how all of them have lamps but only five of them have oil. This means all Christians have the Holy Bible but only half of them have the Holy Spirit. When the bridegroom came “then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.” (Mt. 25:7) Trimming of the lamps means the Christians are getting rid of their sinful habits. The foolish virgins that did not have oil in their lamps were shut out of the wedding. How sad it must be to hear the bridegroom say to them, “I do not know you.” (Mt. 25:12) “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming. (Mt. 25:13). All Christians must be filled with the Holy Spirit at all times.
We must be prepared for the Great Tribulation
One of the most important aspects of our Lord’s discourse on His Second Coming is the Great Tribulation. Here is what He said. “For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.” (Mt. 24:21-22)
All Christians believe our Lord Jesus Christ will come again, but they disagree on whether He will return before or after the Great Tribulation. Some believe they will be secretly raptured before the Great Tribulation, while others believe Jesus will return after the Great Tribulation. Which view is correct? Our Lord Jesus Christ clearly said: “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.” (Mt. 24:29-30) What can be plainer than that? Our Lord Jesus Christ said He will come again after the Great Tribulation and not before. That means all Christians will have to go through the Great Tribulation. We must all be prepared for very difficult times ahead.
What happens during the Great Tribulation?
1. False Religions will appear Here is the warning from our Lord Jesus Christ. “For false christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so as to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand.” (Mt. 24:23-26)
2. The Antichrist is revealed “Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.” (2 Thes. 2:3-4)
3. Global Control of Religion by the Beast Empire “He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.” (Rev. 13:15) “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake.” (Mt. 24:9)
4. Global Economic control by the Beast Empire “He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.” (Rev. 13:16-18)
5. Global Terrorism by the Beast Empire “When He opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, ‘Come and see.’ And I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts fo the earth.” (Rev. 6:7-8) In Scripture the beast is figurative of the sensual, ferocious and brutal natures that belong to the wild and untamed animals (Ezek. 5:17; 14:15, 21). The word “beast” is used figuratively of brutal men (Ecc. 3:18; 2 Pet. 2:12; Jude 10). Hence, the apostle Paul wrote: “I have fought with beasts at Ephesus” (1 Cor. 15:32).
6. Gigantic Earthquakes in Various Places “And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven.” (Lk. 21:11)
7. Global Warming “Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and power was given to him to scorch with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and they blasphemed the name of God who has power over these plagues; and they did not repent and Him glory.” (Rev. 16:8-9) Three new reports authored by prominent scientists — published in the journals "Nature" and "Science" — bolster that theory's credibility that warmer water causes more powerful hurricanes.
How do we prepare for the Great Tribulation?
1. Keep your faith and attend Church services regularly “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works. Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.” (Heb. 10:23-25)
2. Watch and Pray “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man." (Lk. 21:34-36)
3. Ask the Lord Jesus Christ for guidance to a Place of Safety Our Lord instructed His disciples to leave Jerusalem during the time of Great Tribulation. “Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. . . . And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath.” (Mt. 24:16-21) “Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child. But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time from the presence of the serpent.” (Rev. 12:13-14)
4. Prepare for the worst but pray and hope for the best God has always given His people warning of impending disasters before they actually happen. “And God said to Noah, ‘the end of all flesh has come before Me, for all the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold, I will destroy them with the earth. Make yourself an ark of gopherwood; make rooms in the ark, and cover it inside and outside with pitch.” (Gen. 6:13-14) “And you shall take for yourself of all food that is eaten, and you shall gather it to yourself; admit shall be good for you and for them.” (Gen. 6:21)
May God bless you
A sermon based on this article was preached by Paul Wong
to a Congregation in Houston, Texas on October 8, 2005
This article was published on this Website on July 22, 2009
|Last Updated on Friday, 24 July 2009 01:51|